This weekend was a busy one for Bigday Catering, 3 weddings over the course of 3 days, 2 at Minstrel Court and 1 at Bucketsland Farm. However nothing is too big for Bigday Catering!
The first of the three weddings was at Minstrel Court, Bigday provided canapés, which included the ever so popular mini fish and chips with mushy peas, a tasty delight! Everyone was buzzing from the ceremony and discussing it made the guests rather hungry, so it was time for the sit down meal, which consisted of…
Chicken served with white wine and tarragon sauce with dauphnoise potatoes and green bean bundles.
Sicilian lemon tart with vanilla cream and raspberry
Also tea, coffee and chocolates were served.
As the evening guests arrived, we served up traditional paella, but also meat paella, which went down a treat!
Now onto the second wedding of the weekend, which took place at Bucketsland Farm, however it wasn’t in a marquee, but giant tipi tents, which were decked out with an inside fire inside which was nice and toasty and fairy lights up each tipi pole, it looked lovely!
Guests arrived back from the ceremony to find Bigdays bar stocked with drinks, which pleased everyone! Various canapés were served including mini sweet ones (iced buns, little cupcakes etc).
Now onto the sit down meal, this included…
• Seared scallops with chorizo and pea puree
• Goats cheese bavrois with caramelized onion chutney and toast
• Tomato soup
• Vegetable Wellington, tomato sauce, fondant potato and seasonal vegetables.
• Rump of Therfield Heath lamb served with red wine jus, fondant potato and seasonal vegetables.
• For the children we served Penne bolognaise
• Trio of Desserts: Eton Mess, Profiterole and Lemon possett
• Gluten free had this without profiteroles
• For the children we served just profiteroles
As evening guests arrived we served up a hog roast outside which included rolls, salad, new potatoes, chicken drumsticks, Mediterranean vegetable kebabs, crackling, stuffing and various sauces.
The third and final wedding of the weekend took place, once again at Minstrel Court. Reception drinks and canapés were served to the hungry guests until it was time for the sit down meal.
• Hog Roast served with crackling, stuffing, apple sauce, home baked rolls, new potatoes, sausages and a selection of salads.
• The vegetarian option was a Mediterranean Wellington
• Eton Mess
• Fruit Salad
The evening was a tad different to the normal buffet, instead they had a cake competition, this is were the guests baked a wedding cake and bought it in, in hope to win. They all looked delicious and all deserved to win!
Each bride looked amazing and each groom looked handsome in their wedding attire, same goes for the guests. Each menu was made just for them and went down a treat.
This weekend was a taste of what Bigday looks forward to doing in the summer! Loads of weddings/events bring it on!